Monday, March 16, 2009

This One's for The Girls

One thing I like about the American Idol is that sometimes the contestants sing long lost favourite songs you've almost forgotten.. and some times too, you hear songs you've never heard before but which you'd like.

A few weeks ago I heard this song by Martina McBride.. and I loved it! I never heard it before this so I counted myself lucky when I was able to download the song :) I'll paste the lyrics later at the end of this entry..

Anyway, THATS not the reason for the late entry on this. After hearing it, I remembered all my girlfriends I've know, for some reason, from my teens onwards (maybe because the song started with 'This is for all you girls about thirteen' perhaps?). So I spent some time digging up some photos from my past and scanning them using the slow postgrad room scanner :)

So here, I share with you a few of my friends throughout my teenage years up to now :) Bear with me.. this could take a while.

These are my classmates from form 1 to form 3, though not all are in the picture. We took this when we were waiting for our turn in a Minggu Bahasa activity. Some of my students might know Ani and Fik in this picture hehe..

This one pulak my class in form 5. If you look closely, you can see the class monitor sticking her tongue out.. sungguh tidak sopan kan? Sape la budak ni kan heheh.. I wrote about them once in a Kame Hame Haa entry you can click --> here

Here from left to right are Yah, Ila, Sue and me during an iftar ceremony in KMK. They were my classmates then and I'm still in contact with Yah and Sue till now :)

This is also a picture from KMK, during our graduation ceremony for maticulation. Still me with my classmates. Clockwise from top left: Ima, Yan, arwah Farie, Midah, me, Fidzah and Ila

Now this is picture I enjoyed. It was during my first year but all of these girls are actually my dormates in KMK. They came to my house for a BBQ during convo that year and we slept in the living area, more than 10 of us. Giggling and laughing like the teenage girls we were then. I love it then, I really enjoyed that night :) In the front there with the 'victory' finger is my dorm captain whom until now, I still call DC

Yg ni pulak a picture of me and my friends during my Uni years. This was back in Tronoh and we used to go canoeing each afternoon. From left: Me, Fidah, Yun, Gunn, Hawa and Dayah

And what would talking about 'canoeing every afternoon' be without some 'proof' heheh.. We loved doing this together.. but I'm not sure if I remember how to kayak now.. Hmm..

Ni plak after our final exams. We went to Pizza Hut for a last outing together. Yun took this picture.. We were quite close, housemates during 2nd year and rooms so close to each other during our 1st year.. we were also dormates in KMK!

Now, this bunch of girls are some of my coursemates through out my 3 years here. This was during the Aidilfitri celebration in our final year..

Ini pula Cik wa and Awa.. Was quite close to Cik Wa from 2nd year onwards and got to be close to Awa after we finished our degree :)

P/S to Jida: Ingat tak gambo ni? Heheh.. skrg belakang tu dah HIJAU! :p To others, this is Jida, someone who's saved me from a lot of trouble, someone whom I can 'kacau' when she wakes up late, then make her get up even later by talking non-stop with hehe..

And here is my dearest 'sister' kak Wahid, on her wedding day when I was her bidan terjun pengapit. I got to know her in my 1st sem in USM as we were in the same geomatics group. I didn't know then that I'd have sooooo many 'adventures' with her.. the best!

Once we finished our degree, most of my coursemates got job so not much wanted to stay and pursue higher education. But I got to know these girls from TI who came to our campus since their school was 'relocated' in our campus. From left: Me, Aina and Zaiza

..and these are the HiTEG girls plus a non-girl sesat. From left: (Female only) Kak Bibah, Kak Ana, Kak Sue, Kak Shedar and Kak Fizah

Now, these are my buddies.. my girlfriends who make me smile and laugh every single day :) Up there are Ad, Irnis, Farah and kak Win

..and here's Puga! Another sunshine in my life :)

But I also have friends I'm still close with, since 13 right up till now.. its as if we never parted at all! Here's Baizurah a.k.a Sentot

..and Ami :)

..and Bart, my Jusco and sunway Carnival buddy hehehe.. marah Bart!
So there.. those are not ALL my friends. some are my close friends, but in the group photos mostly are casual friends. Still, they changed my life. They were there during the ups and downs of teenage years through the uni years.. and no matter what, I'm glad I have them in my life.. so thanx guys!



"This One's For The Girls"

This is for all you girls about thirteen
High school can be so rough, can be so mean
Hold onto, on to your innocence
Stand your ground when everybodies giving in

This one's for the girls

This is for all you girls about twenty-five
In a little apartment, just trying to get by
Living on, on dreams and spaghetti-o's
Wondering where your life is gonna go

c/o
This one's for the girls
Who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls
Who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have
All around the world
This one's for the girls

This is for all you girls about forty-two
Tossing pennies into the Fountain of Youth
Every laugh, laugh line on your face
Made you who you are today

c/o
This one's for the girls
Who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls
Who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have
All around the world
This one's for the girls

Yeah, we're all the same inside (same inside)
From 1 to 99

This one's for the girls
Who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls
Who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have
All around the world
This one's for the girls
Yeah, this one's for the girls

No comments: