Saturday, October 07, 2023

30 Days Writing Challenge 2023 Day 7 - Favourite Movie

This is a tough one 😅


I'm not really sure if I have an actual favourite sbb I like A LOT of movies and love even more. Dh few hours dh ni wracking my brain trying to pinpoint which movie is my favourite but my mind keeps jumping from this movie, to that movie, to the other movie over there and to this movie right beside the one I thought of first 😅


As a child, my favorites were Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music up to the point I could sing each and every song in both movies, just like almost everyone around my age lah, of course. Then as I entered primary school, aside from the various Disney movies I loved, there were also P Ramlee movies with dialogues we would repeat, much to my parents horror. Sbb ye laaahh, dialog yg bahasa kurang sedap tu la pun yg nk diulang 😂


In secondary school I cooled down a bit about movies not only sbb dh masuk hostel, but also because Abah forbid the tv in the house dh masa ni and blum reti gi tgk movie kt cinema lagi. But once I entered Uni, movies were my staple again 😁


Still, I'm really not sure which exact movie is my favourite. I'm mostly okay² laaa with book adaptations wpun I also whine constantly with the annoying complaint that, "..it's not the same as the book" Typical bookworm, I know 😝


But LOTR is different. I really do love the trilogy. Why? Sbb I tak sanggup habiskan the book 🙈🙈🙈


A small number of movies just pass me by mcm tu je because they don't leave a lasting impression but most do so, again, this makes it hard to choose an actual favourite. 


But if you ask me what movie would I never, ever watch, I can tell you that in a heartbeat 😂


I had just finished my first degree and was working as an RO at my alma mater whilst delaying the registration of the MSc I didn't really wanna do. For this project, we had 4 rooms assigned to us. 3 for the ROs and 1 for the admin staff (kak Sue & kak Bibah). Each room had is own TV, NOT for entertainment purposes but rather for the data collection from traffic recordings. Of course la once the job is done, the TVs can be used for anything we wanted 😝


That day, kak Sue had already planned on watching Ju-on on the screen with anyone who was free (they had completed all their daily tasks right after the lunch break). It was a serious affair since they actually closed the blinds and turned of the light. Even light snacks was prepared. 


I couldn't join in as I still had a lot to do but that didn't stop me from being cheeky 🤭 So after half an hour or so, I quietly creeped to the door and opened it quickly trying to scare them. It worked 😈


I did it 2 more times, I think. Each time managing to scare them and each time glancing kjap² at the tv screen. I didn't get to see much pun sbb just kejap² masa scaring them je pun. 


Malam tu I had my usual class at Bagan Serai. On the way home, I had to go through a stretch of road yg wpun main road, tetap gelap skit. I don't know why but I had a sudden image of the boy ghost in JuOn sitting at my feet under my steering wheel 👻


Gilaaaa panic.. And I was uncharacteristically scared 😅


Langsung tk berani pandang kt bwh steering saaaaampai slmt tiba kt rumah 😅


That night, for the first time in my life, I slept with the night light on 😅 And this continued for the next 2-3 weeks 😂


Not only that, if I woke up at in the middle of the night wanting to pee kaa, or even bila dh bgn utk Subuh kaaa, I wouldn't dangle my feet from the bed. Instead I sort of leaped from the bed to the floor farther away from the bed in order to avoid having something pull my feet from under the bed 😂😂😂


It was that bad! 🙈


I don't consider myself a coward much but for the next few weeks, I surely was. Everytime class kt Bgn Serai, I tried my best NOT to look down while driving.. Aci? 😅


Bear in mind, I didn't watch the whole movie pun. Not even half of it. All in all, I think tk sampai 3 minute puuunnn tgk tp the effect of it was.. Unpleasantly suprising 😅


Sampai skrg I have never watched any JuOn movies at all. I tried once, to face it once and for all tp baru few minutes, terus off 😅 I don't think I could go through the same 3 weeks again 😅


So there it is. I might not be able to answer what my favourite movie is, but whenever people ask me want movies scares/suprises me the most, THIS is my favourite answer 😅

No comments: