Friday, October 20, 2023

30 Days Writing Challenge 2023 Day 20 - Your Celebrity Crush

I was a teen once so of course I had a celebrity crush.. Or crushes? 😂


The biggest crush was on someone most girls my age had a crush on too. It was the height of fame for KRU. I wasn't interested in them at first sbb I didn't quite like their first songs that were played on air but in Form 1, I sat behind Chipah and she was a HUGE fan of them. 


It wasn't until their songs started going into the pop direction that I started paying attention and that was when I had this huge school girl crush on Yusry 😂


Of course it wasn't only me. My biggest 'rival' was Baizurah 😂😂😂 Macam laaaa Yusry kenal kitorg sangat kaaaannn 😂😂😂 Berebut as if he was another classmate je in our all-girl school. 


Most girls in our school memang had a crush on him pun but it was more fun to berebut with her than with them 😝 Ami relax je since her crush was on Norman while Suri pun tk heran sbb her crush was on Edry. 


We even had this book tau. It was just a normal exercise book and I don't remember how it started but it was like an ongoing novel about these crushes on the KRU brothers. Anyone in class could add anything in it, yang penting it had to be continuous. It revolved around all of us being at the college-going age with the KRU brothers as our coursemates.. Aci dak? 😂


Some classamates added stories of their own celebrity crushes who also became our coursemates in the book but the main stars were the KRU brothers. 


It was fun reading everyone's contribution in the book dulu where suke² hati jeee pass around these celebrities and it was always happening in classes or around the imaginary campus so baik jugakkk la kot kitorg, berangan² pun tetap sambil tuntut ilmu 😂


I wonder where that book is right now? 🤔


During this time, I reconnected with Suhaila, a friend from primary school who had moved back to KL once we entered secondary school. She lived in Taman Melawati where, you can guess, was also the home of KRU and she was also one of us who had a crush on Yusry. 


It was to my advantage, though, sbb she'd always send me photos she took of them and with them so I was a proud owner of some actual photos of them, courtesy of Suhaila 😁 Seludup bawak sekolah lagi to share with Ija Suhailiza sbb, although she didn't have a crush on the brothers, she was a massive fan of KRU. Penyimpan rahsia yg I dok bawak those pics to school lagi 😂


Naik Form 4 - Form 5, my celebrity crush turned international skit. I had a multiple celebrity crushes here and there but that all stopped once I got to know 911 😍


Then my crush was on the one and only Lee Anthony Brennan 😝


My Sejarah book was filled with his name kottt 😂 Dh la Sejarah was among my worst subjects, writing his name merata buku teks tu helped me from falling asleep in Cikgu Nab's class 😂 Didn't feel guilty sbb the Sejarah text book was mine, not the school's. They didn't have enough Sejarah text books so I had to buy my own. 


Then I passed it down to Iwan & Adi. Mesti malu diorg pakai buku penuh nama Lee 😂😂😂


So that's it kot. Once I entered my tertiary education, tkde masa dh nk crush² dgn celebrity dh. Crush dgn org btul je.. Ehhh 🙊


#30dayswritingchallenge 

No comments: