Sunday, October 29, 2023

30 Days Writing Challenge 2023 Day 29 - My Goals For The Future

I missed yesterday's post because we came home late. It was my cousin's wedding in Kuala Kangsar then we headed to Ipoh to get some of the Exboyfriend's stuff. Arrived home near midnight so I knew mmg tk sempat la nk compose before the day ended..

Plus, we had a carton of Hotwheels to unbox.. Ehhh 🙊

Now, looking at today's challenge, am thinking I'm gonna give it a miss jugak sebab..

When I was a kid, I had this one specific dream that I knew was to be my ultimate goal. But since I was a kid, it was just a rough idea in my head.

During my final undergraduate year, I remembered this dream again. It's not that I forgot about it, it was always at the back of my head and only emerging out my mouth in short bursts once in a while AND only in company I trust. But I pretended to be nonchalant about it so I never thought anyone gave a notice about it.

This time, I managed to smooth the rough edges and had a detailed plan in order to achieve it. I knew it wasn't gonna be easy but being a naive 21 year old, I was sure I'll be able to pull it off.

In fact this time, I added some details. Broadened the horizon a bit and to my suprise, I actually shared this dream with 2 people. The first one was my bestfriend so no surprises there but the second one was someone I barely knew.

I thought they'd laugh at my wish but they didn't 😁

But then real life began and I shoved that dream to the back of my head, to the farthest corner of my heart.. 😔

What is that dream?

Let it be a secret.. At least for now. I feel as if I'd jinx it if I tell people even if I'm not really sure anymore how and where to start realizing it now.

But yes, I do still have this dream, this want that I've held in my heart since I was a kid. Whether or not I'd make it come true will be something I can't really be sure of right now.

One day, maybe..

#30dayswritingchallenge

No comments: