Wednesday, October 18, 2023

30 Days Writing Challenge 2023 Day 18 - 30 Things About Myself

Today's challenge is amongst the topics I was dreading. Not only because of the risk of unintentionally revealing things about myself that I wish to stay hidden but also sbb I'm realistic enough to know I'm boring enough to NOT have 30 things I can share 😂

So I'm gonna ngelat and put in things that most people know than instead of the less-known facts about me 😝

Here goes..

1. I'm a lefty (see, told ya.. Something everyone knows about me 😝)

2. I'm short but I love it. Can ngelat on a lot of things when you're short 🙊 Maybe there was a time during my teenage years that I wish I was taller but it was never an important wish for me. Just skali skala wonder klau tinggi, cemmana eh?

3. I'm a Bookworm, as most people who know me can confirm. But I've also naik level to Book Hoarder 🙈 I seem to buy more than I read nowadays 😅

4. I blame this on the fact that I NEED to plastic wrap all my books before I can read them and sometimes I forget to buy the plastic book wraps. So I can't balut.. And I can't read yet lahh.. Aci dak alasan?

5. I love potatoes! Any hot (or cold) meals with potatoes is high on my list (potato chip mcm ok-ok laahh). Ramadhan in my 2nd year, almost every other day nnt Yun bwk me pegi this taman tk ingt nama just to buy this Makcik's sambal kentang (and I don't call it kentang, I call it ubi 😝)

(Update: Exboyfriend actually baru jap td asked me if I added in this giler kentang fact yg according to him, paling penting! 😂)

6. On that note, I also pantang with cheese, the pantang nmpk kinda way 🙊 The Exboyfriend told me sblm kawen yg dia pun hantu cheese but I guess dia pun terkjut tgk how much of a cheese lover his wife is 😂

7. I was once a chocoholic too tp skrg mcm dh kurang bnyk.. Ye ke? 🤔 Abih tu knp fridge penuh chocolate? Tu Exboyfriend punye 😝

8. If I was to choose ONE sayur to live on for the rest of my life, I'd choose spinach. Regardless of if it'd turn me into Popeye or not 😝

9. Takdak idea dh aihhhh.. Baru no 9 😅

10. I've had a life long dream of having my own comic corner at home so everywhere I've stayed, I'd do just that. Here is no different except my DragonBall collection is incomplete due to some kind of bee making it's nest in between some of the books at my last home. We're waiting till next time balik Sabah to see if the Exboyfriend has the ones I lost aritu so in the meantime, buat pejam mata je lah tgk tk complete 😅

11. I used to enter all sorts of quizzes in the paper or on the radio and have won more than a few sampai a friend once asked me to write her slogan for this competition she wanted to enter and we won a Kiwi plushie 😁 Also pernah menang Spice Girls contest in Youth Quake. I was the president of the English Society then, thus responsible for the subscription of Youth Quake for my schoolmate. Mrs Phun jeling je kt me when I went to pick up that week's subscription from her sbb terpampang luas my name (and I think my name is kinda unique la jgk) on the front page, kantoi masuk contest lagho 😂 Skrg dh lamaaaa tk join. Wonder if my luck has run out 😅

12. I hate folding the laundry.. But who loves it anyway? 😂 In fact I just attempted to lipat some clean cloths I washed, errr, 2 week ago?, right before diving into today's challenge 🙈 Jangan tnya laaaa klau siap lipat ka dak 😝

13. Ooohhhh.. Unlucky number 13. Better not write something here then #Ayungelat #noImnotsuperstitious

14. I'm a self proclaimed hoarder of a lot of things other than books. And it doesn't really help my case when I married a hoarder too 😂 Especially one who enables it hahah.. Susah senang bersama, perangai hoarder pun bersama kaaann 😝 We're actually having trouble organizing our things sbb, can you imagine, 2 hoarder households dh gabung jadi 1? 😂

15. Most people know that I'm somewhat a coffeeholic too tp my coffee tends to be the not-too-pekat & manis ones. It only started when I was 26, when I needed the fuel to finish my MSc writing but I somehow still can't shake off the addiction yet 😅

16. I'm an insomniac. It's mellowed down a bit these days but klau dulu I can't sleep, I can still function almost to full capacity during the day. Mlm tu baru flat, itu pun klau tk insomnia balik mlm tu. Nowadays if I get an insomnia attack, the next day will feel like a long, loooonnggg day dealing with splitting headaches that come and go as they please.

17. I'm also prone to migraine attacks. I can still remember my first migraine attack. I was 13 and was home for the weekend during Ramadhan. I remember it so well because I had this unexplainable and unbearable headache that prevented me from going with my family to Tarawikh. I actually felt like dying, like my head was getting ready to explode (drama, I know.. Tp those yg dh biasa with migraines know what I mean. It's so much worse than your normal headache) and I resented people who said, "Alaaaa, sapu minyak cap kapak nnt baik lah" 😅

18. I was known to blush too easily. The littlest thing could make my face go all red.. Actually makan pedas pun can make my face crimson and being someone yg tk tahan pedas, it was quite often 😂 Now, I'm not sure if I'm still like that or not 🤔

19. I used to love singing while driving. Dia mcm autopilot. Kereta gerak je, terus nyanyi 😂 Sampai Pak Guard² USM pun know me as Ayu Atos Suka Nyanyi Dlm Kereta 😂 But only when I'm alone. Even with Exboyfriend kt sebelah pun I segan skit nk nyanyi except if he's sleeping 😝

20. Laaaa, baru 20 ke? #Ayungelatlagi

21. I love written words. That's why I decided to do this challenge. Sbb dh lamaaaa tk mengarang 😁 My first published work was in Dewan Pelajar when I was 8 or 9. When I was in Form 5, rasanyaaa I paling tamak hantar sampai 4-5 entry for the majalah sekolah 😂 Tp klau formal scientific writing, really not my cup of tea lahh.. Nk siapkn satu puuuun bercinta 😂😂😂 Nasib laaa masa study dulu wajib publish few papers klau dak mmg yillekkk laaa 😂

22. I can do simple calculations in my head.. Simple addition, subtraction, multiplication & division laaa, jgn la dok suruh buat pembezaan ngn pengamiran dlm kepala. My students (and some of my juniors) slalu dok ckp, "Teacher Ayu (or kak Ayu) ni telan calculator ka dulu²?" 😂

23. On that note jugak, I was once 'accused' of telan hailer/mic 😂😂😂 Even I was suprised that my voice was THAT loud when needed. Kak Nab asked me how my voice can go from normal volume one moment (while talking to them) to highest volume on the dial the next moment (while asking the kids to get in line or something) 😂 I pun tatau, only discovered this 'talent' masa program River Rangers dulu 😂

24. I had a surgery in 2016 that left me half a woman. It was supoosed to be a simple appendix removal but they found something else when they cut me open. Had to do another incision sbb the first one couldn't reach the problematic area properly. I still feel like half a woman (lagi laaa bila the ugly scars are still there) but it doesn't bother me much now. Sometimes I pretend they are battle scars, proof of something I had gone through 😊

25. I don't feel like I'm 43 years old 😝

26. I'm panicking a bit sbb dh nk masuk a new day in 45 minutes and I still haven't finished today's challenge 😅

27. I've done my fair share of teasing (playfully, mind you) people but I would NEVER tease anyone's appearance. I've been criticized about my looks and my weight since I was a little girl and I know how that hurts so even jokingly, I would never speak of how someone looks like.

28. I have a high tolerance for people sampai more than a few times dh I've had people ask me why do I let this person or that person treat me a certain way? I'm not a goody goody person, mind you. Like everyone else, I have both an angel & a devil inside of me. But I understand that sometimes people vent out their frustrations the wrong way to the wrong person at the wrong time and if I did that, I'd like people to understand too that I didn't mean it. I'm also aware that I'm a very oversensitive person so most of the time I try to remind myself of that fact and tell myself, jgn dok nk terasa sgt laaahh.. Tapi, if you've crossed the line one too many times already and if it's clear you did it on purpose, then that's that. You are no longer of importance in my life. And when you tell people I've changed while conveniently withholding what you did in the first place, than I hope you remember: Tuhan ada, Dia lagi tau!

29. Tetibe number 28 mcm serious sgt kaaann 😂 Pdhl this was just for fun 😅 #Ayungelatlagi

30. And finally.. Ape lagi eh? 😅 Only few more minutes left for this 18th day challenge 😅 Haaaa, I like coloured pens and markers. Dulu masa study, my notes were always colourful. Last time I taught ank Sonne, she laughed when she saw me teaching Abg Long ngn Abgchik sbb she said I still use coloured pens 😁 Masa teaching pun my students know me as the teacher yg paling sukaaaaa pakai kaler² kt whiteboard 😁

Yeayyy, dh siap 😁 This is the one and only post yg I started dari siang td sbb dh nampak daaaahhh, mesti lmbt nk siap 😅😅😅

#30dayswritingchallenge


No comments: