Sunday, June 11, 2006

Of the World Cup, sacrificing and my horoscope

Latest score.. (and yes, I'm NOT a fan of soccer, just came upon this earlier)

Sweden: 0 Trinidad and Tobago:0

I heard the radio early on today and the deejay was a typical non-soccer-fan girl like me, promoting Tobago for the drama of it. Apparantly, they were using a 'bomoh' to help them win the World Cup. I asked my cousin about it and he confirmed it (as other soccer fans would do too, since they watched the 'jampi serapah' episode of it haha.. tanye kat Jai tak segan sangat klau kene gelak :-p)

However, I'm still baffled that the name of the team is 'Trinidad and Tobago'. I thought it was only 'Tobago' like the deejay announced. I asked my chat friend about it, and unfortunately, he isn't really interseted to know why, so he can't give me the answer. But when I asked Jai, he gave me an Im-not-sure-if-I-could-believe-you but acceptable answer.. oh well!

Honestly, can't they make up their mind which name to choose? Its like Penang being called 'Penang and Seberang Perai', is it?

I just thought of one thing. I thought the World Cup would NOT affect me in anyway, but I just remembered something. NO WEEKLY NASIK LEMAK KUNING for a whole month! Sheesh!!! That spells D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R! Haha, ok, I'm over acting here. Guess some things just need a little sacrifice now and then.. boo-hoo!

Well, enough of that.. I went thorugh my horoscope and this is what I got~~

If a blur of social obligations is working on your last nerve, get some alone time. Treat yourself to a quiet dinner out, or rent your favorite movie and just chill. It's not selfish to want to be by yourself -- it's healthy. Social hound friends may not understand this inward phase you're going through, but they will accept it. Be honest with your needs (like you always are), and as long as you keep your people in the loop, they'll be cool with your conduct.

Social obligations are not really on my mind right now, but I AM on my nerves, as some of you might know. But hey, yesterday I DID treat myself to another book therapy AND my favourite fastfood meal, ' I'm lovin' it!'

And today, I DO feel better :-)

No comments: