Saturday, December 24, 2005

'Tis the night before Christmas!

Hehe.. some of you might wonder; what the heck is she talking about Christmas for? Well, its just that right now I'm in the school, bored to death (takde la sampai nak mati) about my thesis and playing online games while listening to my favourite station. Seems like the deejays are in the festive mood and I've been listening to loads of Christmas songs since I came (including my favourite 'Last Christmas').

Yesterday while day dreaming (as usual <-- Yun kata!! Haha..), my mind went back to a few years back when I enjoyed the childhood bliss of Christmas. Being in multiracial schools at that time, even WE were treated to visits from Santa and it would be a grand (from a childs point of view la..) event when the whole school would assemble in the hall. For those four years over there, I received multiple gifts that includes toys, colouring books, painting sets, childrens make-up kit, bags, candy and the works. Ayeen, I'm sure you remember all of this, right!

And if it wasn't enough, all of us would have our own class party with yet another visit from Santa or Santarina. With Christmas crackers and traditional Christmas putting (Haha.. still remember Brian cracking his teeth into a pice of coin inside the pudding.. at least dia dpt gak, I never got anything form the pudding!). Somehow, the teachers were conscious of us Muslims so we'd have a separate spread, just to make sure we won't miss the fun.. *sigh* childhood memories..

Anyway, I wanna share a Christmas song my brother Iwan loved to sing when we were small. Hmmm, wonder if he remembers this song??

C is for the candles trimmed around the Christmas tree
H is for the happiness with all the family
R is for the reindeers running by the window pane
I is for the icing on the cake as sweet as sugarcane
S is for the stockings, on the chimney wall
T is for the toys around the tree so tall
M is for the mistletoe, where everyone is kissed
A is for the angels who make up the Christmas list
and
S is for old Santa who makes every kids his pet
Be good and he'll bring you everything in the Christmas alphabet

No comments: