Friday, December 23, 2005

Last Christmas..

Why is it that hearing one of my favourite songs on the radio seems more fun than listening to them from the cd?

A few weeks ago, Ikram, my third brother, was showing off his phone to me. Ye la, kakak dia guna Nokia 2100 ja tapi adik² semua guna phone ade camera la, MP3 la hehe.. Anyway, he had downloaded this karaoke version of the song Last Christmas and was playing it on the phone while asking me to sing this song hahah.. yup, this is one of the songs, pre-Ikram, which he knows..

Back home (read: umah sewa), I went through my CDs and yuppie! I found my Wham! cd.. yeah, back when George Micheal was still in this duo, and when I didn't know he was gay. Popping the disc in the player, I keep repeating this song as it DOES coincide with the festive season, though its not a real Christmas song anyway.

Yesterday, while doing my work, with the radio on, as usual, this song came on air and before long I was singing along with this song. Somehow, it sounds more fun on the radio and though the azan was being announced outside, rasa sayang nak tutup radio, padahal cd dia ade je dalam keter (Haaaa, ngaku pun buat dosa semalam!). Naudzubillah..

And as expected, my drive home was filled with this song played repeatedly.

Anyway, I first heard this song when I was 5 or 6 (thats why I call it pre-Ikram!) and I could vaguely picture the videoclip and can only remember lots of snow and a fireplace.. obviously la kan! Back here, when I was 17 (I think) I went to Popular with my family for some school supplies. While waiting for Iwan, Adi, Ikram and Izati (saje je nak senarai bg nampak banyak hehe..), I went into CDrama and wonders of wonders, I found this CD. I practically begged Abah (without much hope pun masa tu, knowing how Abah is) for the CD while he kept reminding me of whats more important (our stationery and stuff) so I sadly put the CD back on the rack.

But I guess, behind that Abah I know, there sometimes comes this part of him that suprises us. Back home, he handed me the CD and I whoopped with joy, instantly played it on the CD player and sang along with the family (except Ikram, Izati and Iskandar la who didn't have the slightest idea why we were singing 'old' 80s songs!)

Untuk Nomi: Tul cakap Nomi, klau la pandai godek² internet, cari coding, dah lama buh lagu ni kat blog :-p~

Artist: wham!
Song: Last Christmas Lyrics

Chorus:
Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day,
You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day,
You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance but you still catch my eye
Tell me baby do you recognise me?
Well it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me

(Happy Christmas!) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I Love You" I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now I know you'd fool me again

Chorus (Oooh. Oooh Baby)

A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from you and your soul of ice
My God I thought you were someone to rely on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on
A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man undercover but you tore me apart
Oooh Oooh Now I've found a real love you'll never fool me again

Chorus

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
(Gave you my heart)
A man undercover but you tore me apart
Next year I'll give it to someone,
I'll give it to someone special
special
someone
someone
I'll give it to someone,

I'll give it to someone special
who'll give me something in return
I'll give it to someone
hold my heart and watch it burn
I'll give it to someone,
I'll give it to someone special
I've got you here to stay
I can love you for a day
I thought you were someone special
gave you my heart
I'll give it to someone,
I'll give it to someone
last christmas I gave you my heart
you gave it away
I'll give it to someone,
I'll give it to someone

No comments: