Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ramadhan AlMubarak

Today is my brother, Adi's, birthday! 5th October 2005 and 23 years ago he had his first peek of this world he is to live in.. Happy birthday, Adi!

Today is also the 1st of Ramadhan 1426 (bukan Ramadhan Syah Puterajaya tauuu hehe..!) which signifies the first day for all Muslims to fast for a whole month before 1 Syawal where we'd be having our hari raya (yeayyy.. hahah!)

Last night was the first of solat tarawikhs. I didn't perform mine at the masjid/surau since I promised my form 2 students to go and teach them.. diorang yang mintak tau! So, though a bit frustrated that I had to perform mine alone, I drove to Bagan Serai for the class. Believe it or not, NOT ONE STUDENT was in sight *Oh God, grant me patience!*

I was a bit irritated but wasn't really mad. Hahah, konon tak nak tarnish my Ramadhan with being mad la! I mean, I told them to tell me if they didn't want to come since I knew we'd be busy with tarawikh, but they told me that they had to have the class on as usual.. very hampeh one aahhh! At 8.30pm, after being sure that they won't turn up, I just went home. I was a bit glad though, since it would mean that I won't miss my tarawikh berjemaah every Tuesday like I thought I'd be missing :-)

Arriving home around 9.00pm, I quickly took a shower before performing my Isya' prayers and Tarawikh. It was a bit funny though, its only been a year since the last Ramadhan but still I had to refer to a book for the surahs, zikir and do'a hehe..

After that, I went to Nuar's with kak Shima, kak Zura and kak Zai for a bite. All of us took the nan and tandoori set though mine was the cheese nan and kak Shima's was the Chetty Nan. Don't ask me what it means, Nuar said it's a place in India. Back home, we watched a bit of Desperate Housewives before retiring for the night.

This morning I woke up at 4.30am, then readjusted the alarm to 5.00am hehe.. :-) Kak Kathy woke up just after I washed my face and together we had sahur while talking about this years Ramadhan. I was complaining a bit about having to buka puasa in Bagan Serai alone tonight since I had my form 1 class, but I wasn't really irritated. I'd like to see how it'll turn out though, since I've never really buka puasa 'on the go' yet! Its always in the comforts of home so this could be a first. Hmm.. wonder how it'll feel like?

By 5.25am, we'd already finished eating so we took our wudhu' to perform some solat sunats. Heheh, yeah right! Dah nak Imsak, baru nak semayang haha.. but still, I don't think its that bad. I believe what we do in the early Ramadhan would shape our amalan throughout the whole month <-- Okay, NOW I sound like POYO jek heheh..!

After subuh prayers, we had a bit of a shut eye before getting ready to come to the campus! Truth is, I'd really like to use this 1st Ramadhan as an excuse NOT to come haha.. but when I think of my still unfinished dissertation *sheesh*, I guess I have to abandon that idea, huh?

Anyway, to all Muslims, I wish all of you Ramadhan AlMubarak. May we become better Muslims starting from today (This is a reminder to yours truly jugak since I've noticed that I've been neglecting some of the small things I've been doing during my student years.. *sad*)

And yes, Selamat berpuasa :)

No comments: