Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Once a KRU posse, always a KRU posse kah?

Ok, I'm blaming Achik for this entry. The past new year, I was noticing him uploading old songs of KRU. This kinda surprised me as he's like 5 years younger than me kot so I always thought KRU was during 'my time' as he was still a kid mase tu. But I guess the influence of KRU was big la kot mase tu.

At that time, Malaysian music was mostly ballads and slow rock camtu la. So when KRU first came into the market, ade sedikit kejutan budaya lah kot haha.. But they were cute kan so their song went right to the top of the charts in no time.

However, I didn't quite like them that much as, well, I preferred ballads la kot. Especially after hearing one of their first songs yg jadik like an anthem time tu, 2020. Seryes like sejam sekali kot the VC kuar kat TV mau plak time tu ala² Vision 2020 baru kuar. I could actually still imagine the VC with them wearing caps and colourful windbreakers trying to be rappers. To me it was annoying especially the way they said two-zero-two-zero. Another yg famous time tu was Hanya Kaaauuu yg ku mahu.. Hanya kau yg ku tunggu oh kasih kasihh <--Yeah! I hated it but I know the song.. boley?

Then enter form 1, I sat behind Sharifah Nur a.k.a Chipah who was a huge fan and couldn't talk about anything else. Haiyaaa~~

By then everyone was hooked on Mengerti. It took me a while, but I finally succumbed to peer pressure haha.. Ok la, tipu! Mengerti tu bes la jugak and somehow, I still like hearing it even after all these years.. as well as other songs yg tak brape nak glamer hehe.. Still jugak nak cari song ala the ones I liked before kan.

So form 2 onwards, I became one of their not-so-hysterical fan. The one most people liked was of course la Yusry whom at that time, mcm ensem gila la kan. But my classmates knew better than to say they liked him sbb me and Baizurah were like giler berebut dia haha.. mcm bleh dpt right! God, when I remember those good ol' time, mmg nak gelak. Ami liked Norman more and Edry, poor Edry yg takdak sapa nak minat (well, not so many laa) was Suri's choice. I guess our friends were more amused on seeing me and Baizurah 'gaduh'. Berebut and hafal biodata segala.. I'm not sure if I'm right but Yusry's birthday is like 15th June kan? And he's 7 years older than me hehe.. ok, yg tu ingt la. Yang lain like dah lupe.. Ohh, favourite food at that time was Maggi perise Ayam ok. Colour tak ingt but was like blue, black or white camtu.. oh God! Gila apa Ayu ni time tu hahah..

When I was in form 4 and 5, I got a letter from an old friend from Sg Gelugor who had moved to KL and was then living in Taman Melawati, which all KRU fans know to be as the residence of KRU. Suhaila was a member of KRU posse and always went to their house for the fanclub gatherings and all that. And bless her dear soul, she knew I liked them so she sent me photos of them.. and just to rub salt, she sent a picture of heself and Yusry.. *suddenly terpk, mane la sy simpan gambo² tu eh*

In fact, I had curik² to buy a KRU cassette kot once dulu. Abah didn't let us buy cassettes, only CDs je. Like we can buy sgt la with our allowance (that was his plan la tu kan!). Though sbb curik² then I lost it *sobs* I don't remember which tp the cover was light coloured as opposed to the dark coloured ones cam Awas and all that. Haaa, I remember, ade lagu 'Semuanye kan Ok'.. which album pun I don't remember.. Haiyaaa~~

Nways, after listening to a few of Achik's choices (Yes! He actually uploaded multiple KRU songs to his profile that day), I did my own searching and just wanted to share a few of my tak-glamer-sgt favourite KRU songs hehe..

First one is Gadis Jelita.. not to be confused with Wanita Jelita which is also one of their songs.


Second one here is Di Depan Mata..


..and not-so-surprisingly, I still remember the lyrics verbatim, k! Masih leh nyanyi along, boley? Punye la minat kan dulu..

And this one as tribute to my missing cassette.. Semuanya kan Ok!


Hehe.. enjoy!

Oh, btw, Baizurah, this entry is for you.. and Suhaila though Suhaila tak tau pun pasal my blog ni!

*Achik is the grandson of Abah's adopted mum in Bayan Lepas. We call her Mak Tok and she and her family are the only 'family' we have in Penang. That makes Achik.. err, my adopted cousin?!?! Hahah..

No comments: