Wednesday, September 20, 2006

When the phone rings..


Once upon a time ago, I learnt how it felt to badly want to talk to someone at 2-3am in the morning. Sometimes, its because you can't sleep, sometimes its because you just want a shoulder to cry on, sometimes its because you miss someone..

I remember browsing through some blogs and coming upon this entry that asked, "Have you ever laid awake at night, insomnic, and wanting badly to talk to someone who'd listen? You'd scroll down ALL the names in your phonebook, hoping to find a name and number you could call at 3 in the morning?" And hey, that is somehow, the story of my life!

Still, I was lucky! I had friends and family (Thank you, Adi!) who didn't mind the late-night/early-morning calls. Even when I kept crying throughout the phone call, they'd still be there.. listening.. consoling.. just being there!

Thats why I made a promise to myself, to be THAT kinda friend to my other friends.. and I'm glad that I never complain whenever my phone rings at 3am, just because a friend wants to talk. I'm surprised that I don't really mind being woken up in the middle of the night. (In fact, in one case, I was glad I could listen to a friend. He had pretended to call me just to bug me, then when I asked him 'why', he almost broke down and told me his story that gave him sleepless nights. The next morning, it made my day when he sent an sms and thanked me as well as told me that it was the first time he got to sleep peacefully for a long time.. see, I understand now that by merely listening, you could change a whole lot of things for the better.. just like what my friends and brother have been doing for me when I really needed it!). I KNOW how it feels and I wanna be there for them too.. and I've kept my promise until about two days ago!

Its not that I was so tired or anything. I've been dead to the world in the middle of the night and woken up numoerous times, but I still find it easy to answer the phone cheerfully. But this certain someone is really getting on my nerves and I couldn't help snapping at him when he called me.

Lets just say, he's a pervert in the making!!!

Now I guess you guy would understand WHY I hate it when that boy calls. And yes! I'm calling him a BOY coz he's only 18 or something. Kecik² lagi dah belajaq jadi maniac camtu.. C'mon! Just who do you think you are to talk to me like that!!!!

Aaarrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

It didn't help that he had changed his number, so when I first got the phone call from the unknown number, I just answered it.. cheerfully, mind you! Until I heard his voice asking those crazy question, and talking that way that'd make you wanna throw acid in his face (Huiiissshhh, biaq betoi Ayu ni?)

He's really pissing me off now, and though I'm not answering his calls (by the new number), it still affects my mood whenever he tries to call! And I just wanna scream when I see his name on the caller id..

So friends, know any 'serial killers' who might come in handy?

No comments: