Thursday, June 09, 2016

My Student, The Smooth Talker haha..

I've been having a lousy few days. True, not ALL moments were lousy but at the back of mind was this.. thing.. that I just can't shake off.

So yesterday started a bit shaky than usual. My unsettled heart was even more restless early on in the morning and I was trying to put my mind off it by doing stuff. Then come noon, I received some news that made me more than just a little bit irritated and annoyed. It was bad enough that I decided I just HAD to sleep, in case the anger exploded.

Then after iftar of only instant oats, I rushed to my class in Bagan Serai yet still arrived late 10 minutes. It really didn't feel like my day at all and though I kept smiling in class, I was waiting for it to end.

We were doing angles yesterday and since I teach in both English and Malay, I wrote ANGLES on the whiteboard. As usual, some students mispronounced it as ANGELS and as usual, I corrected them.

Then suddenly a student (Prakash, I think) asked me, "Teacher, what is the difference between 'malaikat' and 'bidadari'?" I think it came from when I said, "Angel tu malaikat" while another boy said, "Bidadari"

Truth is, I don't really know if there are English words both of those so I was racking my brain trying to think of another word besides angel.

Sothesan helped me out a bit here. He said, "Malaikat tu yang ada magic tu kan, cikgu?" while acting as if he was holding a magic wand/staff and casting a spell haha.. I think he used the word 'magic' for the lack of a better word.

"Bidadari pulak.." while putting a finger to his mouth and thinking. Dia ni memang ade flair for the dramatics skit hehe..

This was when Jeevan cut in..

"Bidadari pulak macam cikgu!"

Amboiiiiii, ayaaaaaat! Hahah.. Nasib baik Form 4, if he was a bit (ke a lot?) more older, mau cair tak keras² kat situ jugak. Cepat² I asked them to continue their work while I tried to hide a laugh.

I'm really hoping I didn't blush, though! Malu je nanti haha..

No comments: